Pleasant Lane School had a very humble beginning. The original building built in 1950 consisted of three classrooms and a kindergarten.
- The first of five additions came in 1953: six classrooms and an all-purpose room.
- Addition # 2 was added in 1955: three and one-half classrooms.
- Addition #3 was added in 1958: four classrooms.
- Addition #4 was added in 1963: two classrooms.
- The last addition was added in 1999. District 44 and the Lombard Park District broke ground for a 3.5 million dollar addition. This addition included more classrooms, a new LRC, computer lab, special education rooms, a courtyard, and another gym.